Tuesday, March 02, 2010

March Madness

No, not basketball…OSCARS! That’s my kind of madness. This Sunday brings us the 82nd Academy Awards. For more years than I care to admit to, I have made an Oscar bet with a friend. We usually cast our votes right before the telecast, after all the Guild awards have been announced. We also usually differ only on a few categories. This year we decided to vote right after the nominations were announced…it didn’t seem to work as we still only differed on a couple of categories. This is the long way of saying…and the winners are…

Best Film: The Hurt Locker
Best Director: Kathryn Bigelow (The Hurt Locker)
Best Actor: Jeff Bridges (Crazy Heart)
Best Actress: Sandra Bullock (The Blind Side)
Best Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz (Inglourious Basterds)
Best Supporting Actress: Mo'Nique (Precious)
Best Animated Film: Up
Art Direction: Avatar
Cinematography: Avatar
Costume: Young Victoria
Documentary: The Cove
Editing: The Hurt Locker
Foreign Language: The White Ribbon
Makeup: Star Trek
Original Score: Up
Original Song: The Weary Kind (Crazy Heart)
Sound Editing: Avatar
Sound Mixing: Avatar
Visual Effects: Avatar
Adapted Screenplay: Up in the Air
Original Screenplay: Inglourious Basterds

Am I right? Am I wrong? I will have to wait until Sunday to see if I have chosen wisely this year. Let the madness begin!